Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer projects

I would to be the mom that came up with super creative, highly educational, fun, and exciting summer projects. Yeah, not so much.

Instead, my sons came up with their own summer projects. Jerimiah, my 10 year old, has made it his mission to read a book about every U.S. President this summer. He is also voluntarily compiling a one-page report on each. (How did this happen?) Anthony is obsessed with the I Spy books. He wants to make an I Spy picture and write a riddle for it.



If this is homeschooling, I can do this.

I know it won't always be this easy. The boys are motivated by the summer reading program at the library. For every 40 minutes they read, they get to choose a small prize. After 2 hours and 40 minutes, they get a big prize.

What have we learned here? We've learned that if I give my kids prizes, they will read. When they read, they learn. When they learn, they want to know more. Give the kids prizes. :)


How are you motivating your kids to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment