Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Math Monday- Love the Freebies!

It's been a while since I've joined in on Math Monday. It feels like forever! Things got a little crazy here in my little household. Praise God, we've turned the corner. Things are looking way up!

Last week, we really enjoyed this money freebie that I found over at Classroom Freebies.


The purpose of the game is to place your markers on coin values and try to get exactly $1.00. The boys really enjoyed this one. They played for about 25 minutes, which is a good long time for a "simple" game. Dad played too!

Another great freebie I found from CF was this game. The purpose is to create a double digit subtraction problem with a solution of 20. The closer to 20, the better the score.We will be playing this game this week.

I love giving the guys a chance to practice skills they've mastered in a completely new way. The strategy involved in both of these games really makes them work at it!



Classroom freebies

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Classroom Freebies! I am going to go look for the money game freebie.

    I wanted to take the time to tell you THANK YOU for all the kind comments you have left on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from you.I want to wish you a Merry Christmas.

    Thank you so much for sharing and for all the comment love you have given me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! I love the Montessori approach. I think my kids and I both got too indoctrinated to the regular school approach, but we are working in some of the things you do! Next semester, the kids are creating their own unit studies for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete